Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Thank Goodness the Genesis is Here!

Oh Happy Day! In case you missed it, I wrote in yesterday about how I had cut-back on Genesis and I was preserving it until I received my next shipment. Luckily, I found a partial bottle that I had left at my office so I started getting back on track yesterday afternoon. And once again, I was up and at em nice and early this morning and with very little effort I seriously jumped out of bed.

There are also a couple of the other things that I have noticed changing, which I have not yet mentioned:

- My sesamoid bone (little bone on the ball of your foot that keeps the tendon running to your big toe in-line) has been fractured for the last 5 years. In fact, just this past April I had another x-ray taken before I ordered my orthotics because it was in constant pain and I decided to finally do something about it. My podiatrist agreed with the 2 orthopedic surgeons, whom I had seen in the first couple years after it happened, that the only option to fix it would be to have surgery and actually remove it altogether because it will never heal. The main options for dealing with the pain are to wear orthotics (which only fit in tennis shoes - so no cute shoes for me unless I want to deal with the pain) or to have Cortisol shots, which have their own unpleasant side effects. And so long story short - I have not felt any pain in at least 2 weeks now, regardless if I am wearing my orthotics or not. And I really have not been wearing them since it started getting warm outside because I like to wear my flip-flops and other flats. Next time I go in for a check up, I am seriously considering having another xray taken to see if it has fused back together because it honestly no longer feels like it is fractured.

- Two days ago I noticed my pooch of a belly is looking flat. That's all I have to say about that :O)

- Also, my 70 year old grandma has reported 15lbs of weight loss in the last couple weeks. At the same time that she started taking 4oz of Genesis each day, she also started using more low-sodium recipes, which may have a little bit to do with it, but I don't know anyone else who has struggled with weight for many years to lose that much poundage in 2 weeks simply by lowering their sodium intake. I have not seen her yet since she started the program, but her step-daughter told me to get an "after" picture because she claims she has never known my grama to look so good. "Her skin and hair look great. She is glowing!"

- Finally, I had twisted my ankle on April 1 (moving day) and have had to wear an ankle brace everyday for 2 & 1/2 months. Even by doing that and icing and taking Advil, my ankle still throbbed if I took the dog for a short walk or drove too many miles. I was given a 30 day supply of Symmetry's Glucosamine (thanks Angie!) and after taking it for 5 days my ankle feels completely healed! To someone who has been gimping around for a long time now it was absolutely amazing when I realized I was no longer in pain!

No comments:

Post a Comment